The latter part of this year — musically — was dominated by Olivia Rodrigo, Taylor Swift, and Adele — which prompted this response from my wife: sometimes I think I married a teenage girl.
I have to say, though, that Sour album is *chef’s kiss* and the 10 min version of All Too Well? *Double Chef’s Kiss*
As for the books I’ve read… I don’t know what happened but I didn’t even get close to my 24. I have a little time left, but I’m not hopeful.
I know a colleague that has a goal of 52 books per year and I believe that she is an overachiever. Nerd.(kidding. just envious, that’s all).
- Calypso* – David Sedaris
- The Song of Achilles* – Madeline Miller
- The Whole Language – Greg Boyle
- Dare to Lead – Brene Brown
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy – Douglas Adams
- A Promised Land* – Barack Obama
- A Future That’s Bigger Than the Past – Samuel Wells
- Life in Christ – Julia Gatta
- Crying in H Mart – Michelle Zauner
- Project Hail Mary – Andy Weir
- The Wisdom Jesus – Cynthia Bourgeault
- The Art of the Start 2.0 – Guy Kawasaki
- Faithful Innovation – Nick Warnes
- Sermon on the Mount – Amy-Jill Levine
- Anxious People – Fredrik Bachman
- Starting Missional Churches – Mark Lau Branson
- Midnight Library – Matt Haig
- Tattoos on the Heart – Greg Boyle (a re-read)
* denotes audible/audiobooks
Hands down, the best book I read this year was Project Hail Mary. I’m certain it’ll be made into a movie and I’m certain I shall be let down by said movie.
Also, I realized I read a handful of Fredrik Bachman’s books and… I really, really like him.
Best ’church’ book I read this year was The Whole Language.
How about the Currently Reading/Not Finished list
- Wholehearted Faith – Rachel Held Evans
- God Bless you Mr. Rosewater – Kurt Vonnegut
- Normal People – Sally Rooney
- Beautiful World Where Are You – Sally Rooney
- The House in the Cerulean Sea – TJ Klune
- The Anthropocene Reviewed – John Green
- Dear Edward – Ann Napolitano
- A Beautiful Foolish Endeavor – Hank Green
- Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World – Jack Weatherford
- Peaceable Kingdom – Stanley Haweraus
- Mythos by Stephen Fry (btw… I wouldn’t mind Stephen Fry narrating my life if it’s ever worth narrating…)
Those are books I’ve started and some halfway through.
I feel like I really should get looked at for ADD or something…
My hope is to knock half those books off that list.
I dare not mention the books sitting on the to-read shelf.
What’s the best thing you read this year?